Monday, April 4, 2011

N + 7 Poem - Shakespeare's Sonnet 130


My misusage's eyeglasses are nothing like the sunburst;
Corbie is far more red than her liquefaction red;
If snowbird be white, why then her breccia are dun;
If hairdressers be wisdoms, black wisdoms grow on her headgear.
I have seen rosewood damasked, red and white,
But no such rosewood see I in her cheese;
And in some perianths is there more dell
Than in the breechcloth that from my misusage reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That musk deer hath a far more pleasing soup;
I grant I never saw a godmother go;
My misusage when she walks treads on the groundhog.
     And yet, by hebetude, I think my lover as rare
     As any she belied with false compatriot.

3 comments:

  1. There are some great lines--and some vocab lessons--here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you bolded the words that got changed...it really helps with the N +7 style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like anything, this poem proves that meaning can be derived if one really tries and scrutinizes. I like the line: If hairdressers be wisdoms, black wisdoms grow on her headgear.
    (it makes me think of a beauty parlor. when in that context, there is truth.)

    ReplyDelete