Friday, March 11, 2011

The leaves mottle and shine a metallic purple


  1. “Poem with a line by ------------.”
The leaves mottle and shine a metallic purple –Keith Ratzlaff
           
Maybe you wouldn’t understand,
I know there are many who don’t,
but I feel like a new, shiny penny
every time I leave this place.
In that wide-branched tree of my soul
I can feel the places where He has touched me.
The fruits of this tree swell or wither respectively,
the leaves mottle and shine a metallic purple.
He prunes me and shapes me into something
more beautiful than before, yet the same.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your continuation of the line from Keith Ratzlaff. The idea that we concept of mottled leaves that are pruned into something more is very thought-provoking. I interpreted it to represent our mottled selves that are constantly being molded into something better over time that are still the same at heart. Great message and creativity.

    ReplyDelete